William Grant founded the famous Glenfiddich distillery in the year 1886. The distillery was located in the River Fiddich valley from which it got its name.
The place Glenfiddich is a place of beauty and inherent peace. This is why the Glenfiddich also offers a tour of its distillery. The tour includes the tour of the operation and films on the history and is a rich experience for the tourists.
Also said, “A day is an introduction, a year is a collection”, the Glenfiddich is now the highest number of times awarded single malt Scotch whisky in the whole world. It has won more ISC and IWSC awards than any of the other single malt brands since seven years now!
• Glenfiddich 12 Year Old – it is the pioneer in the impressive single malt Scotch whisky class. It is now the most enjoyed single malt whisky in the world. The whisky is matured in European or American oak casks for a period of 12 years. These casks are of exceptional quality and are tended by their team of experienced coopers. This helps in the development of complex but elegantly rounded flavors with hints of subtle oak and fresh pear.
• Glenfiddich 15 Year Old – three types of oak cask are used for maturing this whisky viz. sherry, new oak and bourbon. At the end, it is married in the handcrafted and unique, Solera Vat which gives it a taste note of warm spice, rich fruit and honey.
• Glenfiddich 18 Year Old – it is created in small batches. This whisky contains a hint of sweetness gained through the Spanish Oloroso Wood and oakiness from the American oak casks. The taste note is of oak, cinnamon and apple.
• Glenfiddich 21 Year Old – 21 years of maturing makes it a creamy and rich single malt having a luxurious vibrancy. It tastes like rich toffee, vanilla and new leather.
• Glenfiddich Rare Collection 1937 – there were only 61 bottles of this fine whisky. The Malt Whisky Companion writes, “It has a nose with huge bouquet of burnt heather, newly dug peat, leather, old books and oak”.
Other whiskies in the Glenfiddich range include the 40 Year Old, 50 Year Old and the Vintage Reserve 1976. All of them are a class in themselves.
Everything which is done by the Glenfiddich is based on a single and simple motto – “Making Every Year Count”. This has been a great philosophy for the Glenfiddich. It means making the most of every possibility, little or big, life offers. They also say “A day is a frustration, a year is a melody”.